Extrusion Molded Products
TPS® PBI® Alloy
Super Heat-Resistant, Super Wear-Resistant and Super Clean
The TPS® PBI® alloy is a PBI extrusion molding material using PBI/PEEK alloy, which we have realized for the first time in the industry. By applying the characteristics of PBI plastic to PEEK plastic, which has had success as a material for cutting, we have made it possible to provide a new cutting material.
An alloy of PBI plastic and PEEK plastic has a unique sea-island structure. PBI, which forms the “island,” enhances the heat resistance and mechanical strength of PEEK. The alloy is a plastic that covers the heat resistance zone between those of PEEK and polyimide.
The TPS® PBI® alloy is primarily used as components of semiconductor/liquid crystal manufacturing equipment (such as carrier devices) and industrial machinery (such as pumps).
- High heat resistance with a deflection temperature under load of 300°C.
- Minimal impurities, as with PBI and PEEK.
- Extremely superior wear resistance, even without the use of a lubricant.
- Superior for use in cutting.
- The recommended grade with a high sliding wear resistance is the "PBI alloy."
* Continuous use temperature is currently being measured, but it is estimated that the PEEK equivalent.
Heat Resistance and Strength
|PBI Alloy||Standard grade(PBI+PEEK)|
* Refer to the Products Catalogue on page 33 for product specifications.
|Category||Property||Unit||Testing Method ASTM||TPS® PBI Alloy|
|Mechanical properties||Tensile strength||MPa||D638||116|
|Izod impact strength (notched)||J/m||D256||41.0|
|Physical properties||Specific gravity (23°C)||-||D792||1.30|
|Water absorption (23°C， 24 Hrs)||%||D570||0.3|
|Linear expansion coefficient||×10-5/°C||JIS K7197||-|
|Thermal conduction||W/mK||E 1530||0.28|
|Thermal properties||Deflection temperature under load (1.82 MPa)||°C||D648||300|
|Continuous use temperature||°C||-||-|
|Glass transition temperature||°C||-||-|
|Electrical properties||Dielectric strength||MV/m||D149||17|
|Dielectric tangent 106Hz||-||0.003|
|Certified per the Food Sanitation Act||-|
- * The values given above for the properties are representative values given by the manufacturers of the raw materials, and are not guaranteed values for the product.
- * The cells with no values given (-) indicate that useful data is not available or cannot be obtained at this time.
Search by property
|Deflection temperature under load (1.82MPa)||Products|
PBI® is a registered trademark of PBI Advanced Materials Co.,Ltd.