Extrusion Molded Products
Heat Resistance, Flame Resistance and Chemical Resistance
PEEK is a crystalline plastic with properties that have not been conventionally available; it has high heat resistance (continuous use temperature of 260°C), as well as superior chemical resistance and hot water resistance. It is also a plastic with high flame resistance and extremely low generation of smoke and corrosive gases upon combustion.
The primary uses for PEEK are as semiconductor/liquid crystal manufacturing equipment components, testing equipment components, medical equipment components and the like.
- PEEK has superior resistance to hot water, and can be used continuously in steam at 200 to 260°C. It can withstand a temperature of 300°C for short periods of time, and among plastics, it has the highest resistance to hot water.
- PEEK has superior chemical resistance, and extremely superior resistance to acids and bases under high temperatures. It is, however, affected by concentrated sulfuric acid.
- PEEK has a high continuous use temperature of 260◦C, but because its glass transition temperature is low at 143◦C, it requires care when being used under high temperatures and high loads.
- PEEK is a plastic with high flame resistance, with minimal generation of smoke and toxic gases upon combustion.
- The recommended grades for high sliding wear resistance are PEEK (NC), PEEK 430-AE3, PEEK 4000 and PEEK 4110.
Comparison of General Physical Properties
|PEEK430-AE3||AE grade (conductive)|
|PEEK 4000||High-function sheets (unfilled grade with a thickness of 0.1 to 0.5 mm)|
|PEEK 4110||High-function sheets (high-sliding grade with a thickness of 0.1 to 0.5 mm)|
* Refer to the Products Catalogue on page 35 for product specifications.
|Category||Property||Unit||Testing Method ASTM||TPS® PEEK|
|Mechanical properties||Tensile strength||MPa||D638||98||98|
|Izod impact strength (notched)||J/m||D256||67||39|
|Physical properties||Specific gravity (23°C)||-||D792||1.32||1.33|
|Water absorption (23°C， 24 Hrs)||%||D570||0.5||-|
|Linear expansion coefficient||×10-5
|Thermal conduction||W/mK||E 1530||0.26||-|
|Thermal properties||Deflection temperature under load (1.82 MPa)||°C||D648||152||164|
|Continuous use temperature||°C||-||260||260|
|Glass transition temperature||°C||-||143||143|
|Electrical properties||Dielectric strength||MV/m||D149||-||-|
|Dielectric tangent 106Hz||-||-||-|
|Certified per the Food Sanitation Act||◯||-|
- * The values given above for the properties are representative values given by the manufacturers of the raw materials, and are not guaranteed values for the product.
- * The cells with no values given (-) indicate that useful data is not available or cannot be obtained at this time.
- * AE stands for anti-electrostatic, and is an abbreviation for our anti-electrostatic grade material.
Search by property
|Deflection temperature under load (1.82MPa)||Products|