Extrusion Molded Products
Balanced Mechanical Characteristics
POM is a crystalline plastic with balanced mechanical characteristics. It is an engineering plastic that has extremely superior fatigue resistance and good creep resistance. It also has superior wear resistance, chemical resistance, creep resistance and dimension stability. However, because it contains much oxygen in its molecule, it is difficult to make it non-combustible, and its weathering resistance is not very high.
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment components
- Electronic devices components
- Food devices components
- General industrial devices components
- POM is an excellent material with superior physical properties, low cost and good cutting processability.
- With respect to chemical resistance, POM is resistant to organic solvents and bases, but is affected by strong acids.
- POM is available in a wide variety of forms, ranging from rods (including hollow and super-rods) in diameters of 3 mm to 250 mm to sheets with thicknesses of 0.2 mm to 100 mm and plates.
- The recommended grade for high slide wearing resistance is the POM (NW-02).
|POM (NC), (BK)||Standard grade (Natural color, Black)|
|POM (NC), (BK)Super||Low-warp grade (Natural color, Black)|
|POM (NW-02)||Sliding grade|
|POM (G25NC)||Fiberglass reinforced grade|
|POM 130-AE3||AE grade (conductive)|
* Refer to the Products Catalogue on pages 37 through 40 for product specifications.
|Category||Property||Unit||Test Method ISO||TPS® POM|
|Mechanical properties||Tensile strength||MPa||527-1,2||57||136||52||59|
|Charpy impact strength (notched)||KJ/m2||179/1eA||8.5||8.0||5.9||5.4|
|Physical properties||Density (23°C)||g/cm3||1183||1.41||1.59||1.36||1.42|
|Water absorption (23°C， 24 Hrs)||%||-||0.22||0.29||-||-|
|Linear expansion coefficient||×10-5
|Thermal properties||Deflection temperature under load (1.82 MPa)||°C||75-1,2||110||162||85||-|
|Continuous use temperature||°C||-||100||105||-||-|
|Glass transition temperature||°C||-||-60||-||-||-|
|Electrical properties||Dielectric strength (3mm)||kV/mm||IEC60243-1||19.0||24.0||20.0||-|
|Dielectric tangent 106Hz||-||IEC60250||-||-||-||-|
|Certified per the Food Sanitation Act||◯||-||-||-|
- * The values given above for the properties are representative values given by the manufacturers of the raw materials, and are not guaranteed values for the product.
- * The cells with no values given (-) indicate that useful data is not available or cannot be obtained at this time.
- * AE stands for anti-electrostatic, and is an abbreviation for our anti-electrostatic grade material.
Search by property
|Deflection temperature under load (1.82MPa)||Products|