Extrusion Molded Products
Chemical Resistance, High Strength and Dimensional Stability
PPS is a crystalline plastic with high heat resistance (continuous use temperature of approximately 220°C) and superior mechanical strength, rigidity, flame resistance, chemical resistance, electrical properties and dimensional stability. The market for PPS has recently been expanding rapidly, taking advantage of its superior characteristics.
The primary uses of PPS is as electric/electronic components, automobile components, mechanical components (e.g., chemical pump), and components for semiconductor/liquid crystal manufacturing and testing equipment.
- PPS has superior dimension stability because of its extremely low water absorption and low linear expansion coefficient.
- PPS is extremely resistant to chemicals, and can withstand not only organic acids such as acetic acid but also strong inorganic acids such as hydrochloric and sulfuric acid. It is also not affected by strong bases.
- Although it has a high continuous use temperature of 220°C, it has a low glass transition temperature of 90°C; therefore care is required when PPS is used under high temperatures and high loads.
- PPS has high strength and high rigidity, as well as superior resistance to fatigue and creep.
- The grade recommended for superior sliding wear is PPS230AE3.
Comparison of General Physical Properties
|PPS (NC) SC||Standard grade(unfilled)|
|PPS (G40NC), (G40BK)||Fiberglass reinforced grade(natural color, black)|
|PPS 230-AE3||AE grade (conductive)|
|PPS 2000||High-function sheets (unfilled grade with a thickness of 0.2 to 2 mm)|
* Refer to the Products Catalogue on page 36 for product specifications.
|Category||Property||Unit||Testing Method ASTM||TPS® PPS|
|Mechanical properties||Tensile strength||MPa||D638||79||167||98|
|Izod impact strength (notched)||J/m||D256||15||157||45|
|Physical properties||Specific gravity (23°C)||-||D792||1.35||1.59||1.40|
|Water absorption (23°C， 24 Hrs)||%||D570||0.02||0.02||0.02|
|Linear expansion coefficient||×10-5
|Thermal conduction||W/mK||E 1530||0.20||-||-|
|Flammability (UL)||-||D570||V-0 equivalent||V-2
|Thermal properties||Deflection temperature under load (1.82 MPa)||°C||D648||112||260||173|
|Continuous use temperature||°C||-||220||220||220|
|Glass transition temperature||°C||-||88||-||88|
|Electrical properties||Dielectric strength||MV/m||D149||15.0||18.0||-|
|Dielectric tangent 106Hz||-||0.0011||0.003||-|
|Certified per the Food Sanitation Act||◯||-||-|
- * The values given above for the properties are representative values given by the manufacturers of the raw materials, and are not guaranteed values for the product.
- * The cells with no values given (-) indicate that useful data is not available or cannot be obtained at this time.
- * AE stands for anti-electrostatic, and is an abbreviation for our anti-electrostatic grade material.
Search by property
|Deflection temperature under load (1.82MPa)||Products|