Extrusion Molded Products
TPS® TI-3000 Series
Super-Resistant to Heat, Wear and Plasma
The TI-3000 series (aromatic polyimide) is an ultimate super engineering plastic with resistance to heat and wear that exceed those of other engineering plastics. Its minimal deterioration in physical properties under high temperatures and superior resistance to chemicals make it ideal for use under harsh conditions.
Its major use is in electric/electronic components, semiconductor/liquid crystal manufacturing components, heat resistance components and the like.
The major use of the TI-3000 series is in electric/electronic components, semiconductor/liquid crystal manufacturing components, heat resistance components and the like.
- Its continuous use temperature is 260°C, and its deflection temperature under load is 380°C. Because it has no melting temperature, it can be used at around 500°C for short periods of time.
- Its wear characteristic at high temperatures is greatly superior compared to those of all super engineering plastics.
- It contains minimal impurities, and has minimal outgassing.
- It has superior resistance to chemicals, radiation and plasma.
- The recommended grades for high sliding wear resistance are TI-3000, TI-3000HP, TI-3100, TI-3110 and TI-330AE3.
Change in Tensile Strength at Each Temperature Zone
|TI-3000-HP||High density grade (rigid and plasma-resistant) *produced on order|
|TI-3100||Wear-resistant grade *produced on order|
|TI-3110||Wear-resistant grade (under high PV) *produced on order|
|TI-3120||High sliding grade (low wear coefficient) *produced on order|
|TI-330-AE3||AE grade (conductive, wear-resistant)|
* Refer to the Products Catalogue on page 33 for product specifications.
|Category||Property||Unit||Testing Method ASTM||TPS® TI 3000 Series (API)|
|Free sintered product||Hot pressed product||Free sintered product||Free sintered product|
|Mechanical properties||Tensile strength||MPa||D638||69||83||55||44|
|Izod impact strength (notched)||J/m||D256||93||78||44||25|
|Physical properties||Specific gravity (23°C)||-||D792||1.33||1.41||1.38||1.48|
|Water absorption (23°C， 24 Hrs)||%||D570||0.7||0.39||0.68||0.65|
|Linear expansion coefficient||×10-5
|Thermal conduction||W/mK||E 1530||0.28||-||-||-|
|Flammability (UL)||-||D570||V-0 equivalent||V-0 equivalent||V-0 equivalent||V-0 equivalent|
|Thermal properties||Deflection temperature under load (1.82 MPa)||°C||D648||380||380||380||380|
|Continuous use temperature||°C||-||260||260||260||260|
|Glass transition temperature||°C||-||-||-||-||-|
|Electrical properties||Dielectric strength||MV/m||D149||20.0||20.0||-||-|
|Dielectric tangent 106Hz||-||0.0039||0.0038||0.0098||-|
|Certified per the Food Sanitation Act||-||-||-||-|
- * The values given above for the properties are representative values given by the manufacturers of the raw materials, and are not guaranteed values for the product.
- * The cells with no values given (-) indicate that useful data is not available or cannot be obtained at this time.
- * Free sintered product refers to a sintered product manufactured by applying our free sintering method to an API polymer.
- * Hot pressed product refers to a high density sintered product manufactured by applyings our hot press method to an API polymer.
- * AE stands for anti-electrostatic, and is an abbreviation for sour anti-electrostatic grade material.
Search by property
|Deflection temperature under load (1.82MPa)||Products|