Extrusion Molded Products
TPS® TI 5000 Series<PAI: Polyamide-imide>
Strong, Heat-Resistant and Wear-Resistant
The TI-5000 series (polyamide-imide) is a non-crystalline plastic, and is a super engineering plastic in which imide bonding, characterized by superior heat resistance and mechanical strength, and amide bonding, characterized by superior toughness, are combined. This material had high heat resistance (continuous use temperature of 250°C), and the highest mechanical strength among non-reinforced plastics.
The main uses of this material are in primary components of office automation equipment, electric/electronic components, industrial equipment (semiconductor/liquid crystal manufacturing equipment components, plating equipment components, iron and steel equipment components) and the like.
- Because of its high glass transition temperature of 280°C, the mechanical strength of the TI-5000 series under a high temperature of 250°C is equivalent to the strength of POM under room temperature.
- It is self-lubricating, and can be used as a sliding member without a lubricant in the high temperature zone exceeding 200°C.
- It has superior resistance to chemicals, and is not affected by most organic and inorganic chemicals.
- It meets the requirements of the Food Sanitation Act (Notification Numbers 370 and 20 of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare).
- The TI-5000 series must be pre-dried when being used under high temperatures of 200°C and above. There may be swelling if PAI that has absorbed water is heated rapidly.
- The recommended grades for superior sliding wear are TI-5031, TI-5032 and TI-530AE3.
Comparison of General Physical Properties
|TI-5013||Standard grade (high toughness, non-conductive)|
|TI-5032||High sliding grade *produced on order|
|TI-5023||Fiberglass-reinforced grade (low water absorption) *produced on order|
|TI-530-AE3||AE grade (conductive, wear-resistant, low water absorption)|
* Refer to the Products Catalogue on page 34 for product specifications.
|Category||Property||Unit||Testing Method ASTM||TPS® TI 5000 Series (PAI)|
|Mechanical properties||Tensile strength||MPa||D638||186||157||147||180||100|
|Izod impact strength (notched)||J/m||D256||127||60||59||80||37|
|Physical properties||Specific gravity (23°C)||-||D792||1.40||1.45||1.50||1.56||1.55|
|Water absorption (23°C， 24 Hrs)||%||D570||0.33||0.28||0.18||0.24||-|
|Linear expansion coefficient||×10-5
|Thermal conduction||W/mK||E 1530||0.29||0.6||-||0.2||-|
|Thermal properties||Deflection temperature under load (1.82 MPa)||°C||D648||278||279||280||278||280|
|Continuous use temperature||°C||-||250||250||250||250||250|
|Glass transition temperature||°C||-||280||280||280||280||280|
|Electrical properties||Dielectric strength||MV/m||D149||23.0||-||-||23.0||-|
|Dielectric tangent 106Hz||-||0.03||0.04||0.06||0.03||-|
|Certified per the Food Sanitation Act||◯||-||-||-||-|
- * The values given above for the properties are representative values given by the manufacturers of the raw materials, and are not guaranteed values for the product.
- * The cells with no values given (-) indicate that useful data is not available or cannot be obtained at this time.
- * AE stands for anti-electrostatic, and is an abbreviation for our anti-electrostatic grade material.
Search by property
|Deflection temperature under load (1.82MPa)||Products|